Weena Pauly

yoga • yoga therapy • training


646.418.6399

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Greetings!

This week end I, uncharacteristically, did the uber-touristy thing and went to Rockefeller Center with some out-of-towners to see the big Christmas tree. I saw it. It was big. Actually, it was smaller than I would have imagined, but as far as trees go, it was a big one. And vibrating beneath it was all the holiday rituals: humans of all ages, photos, shopping bags, familial laughing and crying, ice-skating, bells ringing, lights, etc. I felt a little guilty that none of it really turned on my holiday spirit. There was definitely a charge in the air, and maybe that's what "holiday spirit" is, but to be honest, it didn't really turn on my heartlight*. But I can tell you what does turn on my heart light...my work. Really seeing people and really hearing people brings me so many things; one of which is fullness of spirit, the kind of feeling that I imagine one might call "holiday spirit." That warm feeling you get when you are filled with love and compassion. Whether its a simple yoga session where I guide movement and breath, or a PRYT session where I witness people tap into their own wisdom, it is in those moments that I can say I feel a kind of holiday spirit and my heartlight beams bright.
*FYI- In Mr. Neil Diamond's hit, "heartlight" is written as one word.

Among the holiday madness of planning, getting and doing, I hope you are taking time out to give to yourself, to become aware of what's happening now. Its well proven that we are better givers (and maybe even better gift-getters) when we are taking care of ourselves. Please let me know at the beginning of the week if you would like to take advantage of any of these offers so I can plan the time accordingly.

Here are ways I can support your self-care:
1) By offering a free optional 20 minute supported stretch session at the end of your schedule session time
2) By giving free optional 20 meditation session in lieu of yoga postures
3) And by having more office hours of availability to make sure you have more options to get your body-mind time in


Instead of filling up someone's small ny city space with more stuff, consider giving something that actually creates space. I have gift certificates available for purchase for one-on-one Yoga Sessions and Yoga Therapy sessions. . Not only is it super eco-friendly, but it is something that can initiate an important positive change in someone's life. That seems way better than new bath towels.

Gift certificates are available-
1) 70 Minute Yoga Sessions- $120
2) 90 Minute Yoga therapy Sessions- $150
3) Pack of 3 Yoga Sessions- $315 ($105 per session)
4) Pack of 3 Yoga Therapy Sessions- $405 ($135 per session)

Let me know via email if you would like to purchase a gift certificate. Orders need to be placed by December 22nd.

Another option- Individualized MP3s
If you want help keeping up with your practice over the holidays, I have individualized WP session audio recordings I can make you if you are familiar enough with my teaching style to follow without visuals. Recordings can be made at the length you decide, and prices vary accordingly.

So there it is! I am so happy to be working with such awesomeness (a word I heard used under the big tree). I learn so much from each of you and I count my blessings for your presence in my life. Thank you. I hope you can find your holiday spirit wherever you find it and nurture yourselves with the same love you give to those around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

website by: MattTarr.com